Marriage is a sweet term for all people in the world. It is one of the happy moments in every person’s life. But, if you remain careless regarding the health check-ups before marriage, you might be affected by some diseases after marriage and, therefore, give birth to a diseased child. So, special emphasis must be given on some aspects of health before getting married. Here are some of those:
1. Age: We all should marry in an appropriate age range. Too early marriage and too late marriage both are hazardous for the next generation as well as the health of the mother. The most appropriate age for getting married is between 25-30 years. In case of girls, it may be 22-30 years. If you marry within this age range, there will be less chance of a congenitally deformed baby and less birth complications. The mother should not conceive child after 30 years as there will be more chance of a deformed baby at that time. The age gap between the husband and the wife should not be more than 5 years for a good understanding.
2. Genetic Diseases: You must check whether you have any genetic diseases or not. You should contact any registered doctor for this purpose. If you or your partner has any genetic diseases, it should be kept in mind before conceiving a child. As, there are some diseases which can be spread from parents to the children. Such as, Colour Blindness, Thalassemia, Muscular Dystrophy, Epileptic Disorders, Schizophrenia, Depressive Disorders, Cystic Fibrosis, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colon Cancer, Hypertension, Stroke, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Obesity, Glaucoma, Asthma etc. Some of these diseases are transmitted to the children if there is a marriage between blood relatives. Some of these diseases may not show any sign-symptoms at all. But you still need to check these for a better future generation. It is also suggested that you should not marry any blood related cousins. If it is not possible, you must check for the above-mentioned diseases as early as possible.
3. Infertility: Infertility means the inability to conceive a child after 1 or more years of unprotected sexual act. The reason may be present in both the husband and the wife. So, it is not right to blame anyone before examination. All persons want to have their own child after getting married. Only 2% of them may have the problem of infertility. So, some tests like sperm count, sperm motility, examination of the female genitalia should be done before marriage. Otherwise, there may be some serious mental complications and it may cause divorce also.
4. Sexually Transmitted Diseases [STD]: These are the diseases that are transmitted from one partner to another partner during the sexual act. If you or your partner has such diseases, the other person will be surely affected any time of life. So, it is necessary to check for these diseases. These diseases include Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes, Chancroid etc.
5. Blood-borne Diseases: These diseases may cause death of your new born baby within a few hours. It is necessary to test the blood group of the husband and wife before marriage. If a Rh-negative [such as A (-ve)] woman marries a Rh-positive man [such as A (+ve) or B (+ve)], there will be Rh Incompatibility in the second child which is fatal. So, blood grouping and Rh-typing is a must for any person before getting married. Blood-borne diseases include Hemophilia, Thalassemia etc.
WHAT TO DO IF ANY OF THE DISEASES ARE PRESENT IN YOU OR YOUR PARTNER?
If any of the above-mentioned diseases are present in you or your partner, you must not lose hope as most of these diseases can be treated with high success rate. So, contact any registered physician for help.
A healthy family is essential for a healthy generation. You must be conscious today before it is too late. So, do not hurry for getting married before testing theses diseases. It is for your own sake.
Thank you for reading this post.