Windows 10 has no start button like that of Windows 7 or Windows XP. So, you might feel that it is a long process to shut down or restart Windows 10. If you are using your mouse or touchpad to shut down or restart Windows 10, you have to first sign out from your account. Then you will get the shutdown or restart option. But, when you are in a hurry, you may need to shut down Windows 10 within a seconds or two. Then, this trick will help you.
HOW TO SHUT DOWN/RESTART BY KEYBOARD:
1. When you are on the desktop screen of windows 10, just press ALT+F4 from your keyboard. You will see a new window like this:
2. If you want to Shutdown, just press ENTER from your keyboard. Your computer will shut down. If you want to restart, then press the BELOW ARROW KEY and then ENTER. There are many options under this. Here are those:
HOW TO SHUT DOWN/RESTART BY SHORTCUT:
1. On your desktop screen of windows 10, right click on any empty place and select NEW>SHORTCUT. See below screenshot:
2. You will see a new window like this. Type shutdown /s /t 0
3. Now click next. Now select a name of the shortcut. I have selected SHUTDOWN. You can change it as your wish. See below screenshot:
4. Now click on Finish. You will see a new shortcut on your desktop screen. You can right click on that shortcut and select PIN TO START to add this shortcut on the home screen of Windows 10.
When you want to shutdown your computer, double click on that shortcut. Your computer will shut down.
Thank you for reading this post.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- restart computer hotkey; keyboard shortcut to restart windows; how to do a quick restart using keyboard; shut down shortcut key windows 10; restart windows keyboard command; reboot computer keyboard shortcut windows 10; keyboard shortcut to restart computer; keyboard shortcut restart; how to restart your windows 10 by using keyboard; sshort cut key to log off windows 10;