Windows 8 has no start button like that of Windows 7 or Windows Xp. So, you might feel that it is a long process to shut down or restart Windows 8. If you are using your mouse or touchpad to shut down or restart Windows 8, you have to first sign out from your account. Then you will get the shutdown or restart option. But, when you are in a hurry, you may need to shut down Windows 8 within a seconds or two. Then, this trick will help you.
HOW TO SHUT DOWN/RESTART BY KEYBOARD:
1. When you are on desktop screen of windows 8, just press ALT+F4 from your keyboard. You will see a new window like this:
2. If you want to Shutdown, just press ENTER from your keyboard. Your computer will shut down. If you want to restart, then press the BELOW ARROW KEY and then ENTER. There are many options under this. Here are those:
HOW TO SHUT DOWN/RESTART BY SHORTCUT:
1. On your desktop screen of windows 8, right click on any empty place and select NEW>SHORTCUT. See below screenshot:
2. You will see a new window like this. Type shutdown /s /t 0
3. Now click next. Now select a name of the shortcut. I have selected SHUTDOWN. You can change it as your wish. See below screenshot:
4. Now click on Finish. You will see a new shortcut in your desktop screen. You can right click on that shortcut and select PIN TO START to add this shortcut on the home screen of Windows 8.
When you want to shutdown your computer, double click on that shortcut. Your computer will shut down.
Thank you for reading this post.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- shut down computer with keyboard; how to restart windows 8 with keyboard; shortcut to restart computer; quick key for restart win10; keyboard command to restart the computer; keyboard shortcut to restart windows; how to shutdown laptop through the short key; short key in window 8 1 for reset of computer; shortcut for restart; shortcut key to restart computer; how to shut down computer using short cut key; how to reboot windows with keyboard;