Are you searching for a file on your computer? Does your computer contain a large number of files? Is it taking a long time to search by the default search option of Windows operating system? Then this post will surely help you. As, you will be provided with a tiny freeware named EVERYTHING! Yes, this tiny tool can search files within only one second. So, it is one of the fastest tool for this purpose. One of the advantages of using it is, it’s also available as portable version. So, you need not install it on your computer.
Here is the download link of this great tool: EVERYTHING
HOW TO SEARCH FILES USING EVERYTHING:
1. At first, download the software from the download link given above. Then extract the zip file.
2. Now, double click on the software. It will show the following window. Click on the radio button beside Run As Administrator. Then click on OK button.
3. Now, the main window will be opened. You will see a search box at the upper portion of the window. At first, the window will be blank. But, after 1 second, it will show all the files of your computer. See the screenshot:
4. To search for a file, simply type the name of the file in the search box, just like you type in the Windows explorer search box. Immediately after typing, you will get your search result.
5. To get the file location, you have to double click on the desired file. Or, you can right click on it and select open path from the menu.
Thanks for reading this post.