If you are using Windows 8 operating system in your computer, then you might face a problem of installing Microsoft .NET Framework in your system. This Microsoft .NET Framework is a special software which is needed for other third party softwares to run functionally. So, most of the third party software needs a pre-installed Microsoft .NET Framework on your system.
Microsoft .NET Framework has many versions. The Windows 8 operating system contains the latest version 4.5 which is already present in your computer. But, some third party softwares need the Microsoft dot net Framework 3.5 (contains version 2.0 and 3.0). When you want to install those third party softwares, they will show you a message like this:
Now, either you have to download the .NET Framework 3.5 by using internet connection on your computer, or you have to skip the installation.
In this situation, you might want to have an offline option to install this software. Yes, this post will show you exactly that!
HOW TO INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK OFFLINE IN WIDOWS 8:
1. At first, you will need a bootable Windows 8 CD or Pendrive. Insert it in your computer.
2. Now, open the command prompt (Admin) by right click at the lower left corner of your screen. See screenshot:
3. A new command prompt window will be opened. It will look like this:
4. Now, copy the below text and paste it on that command prompt window as shown in the below screenshot. Note that the letter D is the drive in which you have entered the bootable device. It may be different for you. So, Edit the below code in a notepad before pasting it into the command prompt.
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
5. After pasting the code, it will look like this:
6. Now, hit ENTER key from your keyboard. It will start installing the software Microsoft .NET Framework from your bootable device. Thus, you don’t need any internet connection for this purpose. The whole procedure will take about 3-5 minutes. Wait till you see the last screenshot below.
That’s all. You have successfully installed Microsoft .NET Framework in your computer.
You can now install your desired third party software in your system.
Thanks for reading this post.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- dot net boot device installtion win8; install net 3 5 offline windows 8;