Most of the laptop owners have an Android phone now-a-days. Most of them use internet in their laptop and phone. Many people want to use their Android phone as a modem for their computer. This post from sujonhera.com will help them to use their phone’s internet connection in their laptops via WiFi. The procedure requires only a few steps. You need a computer and an Android phone with internet connection. If your computer does not have a Bluetooth device in it, you will need a data cable to connect your phone to your computer.
You may like to read this post regarding how to use laptop’s internet in Android Phone via WiFi.
FIRSTLY, PROCEDURE WITH THE PHONE:
1. Go to your Android phone’s settings and tap on more… (shown in the below screenshot).
2. You will see an option named Tethering and Portable Hotspot. Tap on it.
4. Now, you will see this. Tap on the OFF button beside Wi-Fi Hotspot to turn it on.
5. After that, you will see something like this. Note, I have already set up this method in my phone. So, it is showing Portable hotspot SUJONHERA active. Your phone will show something like OjGijUGCkOhTGfdHki in place of SUJONHERA.
6. Now, tap on the option Wi-Fi hotspot.
7. You will see this. Tap on Set up Wi-Fi hotspot option.
8. Now, give a name to your phone’s portable hotspot. Tap on the security option and select WPA2 PSK. If you select it as NONE, no password will be required to connect to your phone. In that case, anyone can use your phone’s internet. So, secure your hotspot by selecting WPA2 PSK. Then give a password of at least 8 characters. Remember this password. You can also specify how many users may use this hotspot. I have selected 5 users (shown in the below screenshot). After filling all these, tap on the Save option.
9. Now, tap on the back button of your phone and you will see this page. If your phone and computer has Bluetooth connections, tap on the box beside Bluetooth Tethering. If not, connect your phone and your computer with an USB cable. Then, the USB Tethering option will be active. Tap on that to connect.
SECONDLY, PROCEDURE WITH THE COMPUTER:
10. You are half way to this whole procedure. Click on the Network and Sharing icon of your computer from the taskbar. You will see some WiFi connections available around your computer. The connection with the strongest signal will be on the top.
11. Click on the name you have just used as your phone’s hotspot.
12. Now, you will see a Connect button. Click on it. Put a tick mark on the Connect automatically box if you don’t want to enter password every time.
13. Now, you will see a box like this. Enter the password you have just used as your phone’s hotspot password.
14. After entering the password, click on the Next button.
15. That’s all. You will see a Connected text below your phone’s hotspot name. It means, your computer is now using your phone’s internet connection via WiFI. You can see that DU Meter is showing some numbers here. The previous screenshots were not showing any.
So, what are you waiting for? Use your Android Phone as a modem and use your phone’s internet connection in your computer.
Thanks for reading this post.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- use walton phone as a modem;