Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh. The heart of Bangladesh allocates around 1,20,00,000 people in a little area of 315 square miles. The city is not built according to a good plan to allocate this huge number of people. The roads are not broad enough for a huge number of vehicles. So, traffic jam has become the number one problem in Dhaka. If you have been living in Dhaka for a day or more, you must have noticed that it is a time-killing incident for all those people who are stuck in their vehicles in the busy traffic jam in Dhaka. In this post from sujonhera.com, we will try to find out the causes of this problem and also suggest some possible ways to reduce traffic jam in Dhaka city. So, let’s start.
HOW TO REDUCE TRAFFIC JAM IN DHAKA:
1. Use of public transports: The cost of private cars has reduced and the income of many people have increased. So, they are buying cars one after another. The government is not restricting them because it is the right of any people to buy a vehicle. Thus, the number of cars are increasing in the road of Dhaka city. 40 people can travel in a bus which is almost 30 feets long. But, if all of those people buy cars and travel by driving personally, the length of those 40 cars will be around 400 feets. It will capture a lot of area on the road and will create a traffic jam. So, it is our own duty to travel by public transports and reduce traffic jam.
2. Making roads broad: There are many roads which are too narrow to allow passage of two vehicles side by side at a time. The government must identify those areas and make those roads broader by capturing the land and by removing the illegal markets and hawkers from the sides. If the footpaths remain free, then there will be no people in the main road and the vehicles will get enough room to go forward. Making different lanes for different types of vehicles are also needed. But, that can’t be done if there is a narrow breadth for the roads.
3. Enforcing the traffic rules: There is a lack of traffic police in Dhaka city compared to the amount of traffic jam. There are many places where two vehicles collide with each other and start quarreling like crazy in front of a huge vehicle line. These silly activities affect the vehicles behind those two vehicles a lot and a traffic jam results. The general people must be very conscious about these activities by arresting and sending those culprits to police. If there is fear of being caught, then nobody will quarrel in the middle of the road and create a traffic jam.
4. Flyovers and Underpasses: There are some cross roads where 4 roads meet. Then the traffic police stop the vehicles of the 3 roads and allows the vehicles of only one road to pass at a time. It creates pressure on those 3 roads. It also kills time a lot. To avoid this, the government have already made some flyovers in Dhaka in Mohakhali, Kuril, Banani, Khilgaon, Mirpur-Airport Road etc. But, there are some more places where flyovers are mandatory. Besides, they can also look for underpasses in those spots. It will be less costly and more effective.
5. Underground Railway: The underground railway construction is going on in a rapid speed and it will lessen the burden of people on the roads. People must use the railway in a regular basis and help Dhaka to become a traffic jam free city.
Thanks for reading this post.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- traffic jam in bangladesh; traffic jam in dhaka; traffic jam Bangladesh; traffic problem in dhaka city paragraph; traffic jam in dhaka city paragraph; traffic jam in dhaka city; causes of traffic jam in dhaka city; traffic jam for dhaka city; traffic jam; how to reduce traffic jam in dhaka city; trafic jam in our bangladesh;