Sometimes, we need to lock your pen drive by putting a password in order to make it secure. In that case, we use different software for the locking. But, Windows operating system has a built-in locking system called BitLocker, which can lock your pen drive by encrypting it. So, let’s check the full tutorial of Lock Pen Drive with easy and clean screenshots.
HOW TO LOCK PEN DRIVE:
1. At first, connect the pen drive to your computer. Then go to My Computer and right click on the pen drive. You will get a menu. Click on Turn on BitLocker.
2. A new window will be opened. It will stay a few seconds and will close automatically.
3. After the closing of the above window, a new window will be opened like this. Now, click on the small box shown in the below screenshot.
4. Now, two fields for the password will be active. Enter your password in the first box and reenter it in the second box. Then click on Next button.
5. A new window will come up asking you to save your BitLocker Recovery Key. Note that this key is needed if you forget your pen drive password and want to reset it. So, use any one of these 3 options to save the Key.
6. I have used the second option (Save to a file). After clicking it, it will ask for the location on your computer where it can be saved. Browse your desired location and click on the Save button.
7. After saving, you will see this. Now, click on the Next button.
8. A new screen will come. Again click on the Next button.
9. Another new screen will be opened. Click on Start Encrypting.
10. Now, the encryption will be started and you will see a progress bar like this.
11. It will take a few minutes. When it will end, you will see this.
12. Now, disconnect your pen drive from your computer and reconnect it. You will see a lock icon there.
13. Double-click on it to open. You will see a password box asking you to enter the password you have just used to open this drive.
14. Enter the password and click on Unlock button.
15. Now, you will be able to open your pen drive. See the screenshot.
16. Your pen drive icon will be an opened lock like this.
17. Take a look at the inside of the pen drive. All your files will be safe.
HOW TO REMOVE PASSWORD LOCK:
1. If you want to remove your pen drive password completely, you have to do the following procedure. Go to My Computer and right click on the pen drive. You will see a menu. Click on Manage BitLocker.
2. A new window will be opened. Click on Turn off BitLocker at the bottom of the window.
3. Another new window till come up. Click on Turn Off BitLocker button.
4. Now, the decryption will be started and you will see a progress bar like this.
5. After a few minutes, it will show the following notification.
6. You will see that your pen drive icon is back to the previous state.
Thanks for reading this post about Lock Pen Drive.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- how to lock pendrive without soft;