Windows operating system has autoplay service. So, if you install Windows operating system on your computer, your computer will play the autorun files automatically whenever you open any drive or connect any external device. This is one of the most common ways of virus attack. If you want to keep your computer safe from all autoplay viruses, you must disable your computers autoplay service. Here is the complete tutorial on how to do it.
HOW TO DISABLE & ENABLE AUTOPLAY:
1. At first, press the Windows button + R button of your keyboard at once. It will open the Run.exe file. Now, write gpedit.msc in the run box and click OK.
2. A new window will be opened. Now, click on Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration.
3. You will get the following options now. Click on Windows Components.
4. Now, click on Autoplay Policies.
5. Now, you will get the following options. Double Click on Turn Off Autoplay.
6. Now, you will get a window like this.
7. To enable autoplay, click on the Enable radio button, then click on Apply button and lastly click the OK button.
8. To disable autoplay, click on the Disable radio button, then click on Apply button and lastly click the OK button.
That’s all. You can thus enable and disable the autoplay service of your Windows operating system.
Thanks for reading this post.