Blood donation is a noble work. It saves the life of a dying person. So, you should donate blood regularly and willingly. Many of us become afraid about blood donation. We think, if we donate 1 bag of blood, our body will be weaker and we will suffer from various diseases. But this thought is totally wrong. You can donate blood regularly after each 4 months. It will help you as there are many advantages of blood donation.
In this post, I will discuss about the advantages of blood donation along with some frequently asked questions about blood donation. So, let’s start with the advantages:
ADVANTAGES OF BLOOD DONATION:
There are many advantages of blood donation. And there is hardly any disadvantage of this noble work. Regular blood donation will…
1. Your body will get rid of the old Red Blood Cells [RBC] during blood donation. Your bone marrow will replenish this lack by producing newer RBCs quickly. So, it will increase the activity of your bone marrow, which will keep you fit and reduce the chances of many bone marrow diseases.
2. Newer RBCs will work more rapidly and effectively than the older ones. Normally, every RBC is destructed after their life span of 120 days. But newer RBC will make you more lively by increasing Oxygen supply to the whole body specially the vital organs.
3. Regular blood donation will reduce the risk of heart diseases.
4. You can self assess your well-being by blood donation. As during blood donation, your blood is examined by various procedure which will ultimately check the availability of any pathogens in your blood. If any of the pathogens like Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus, Human Immune Deficiency Virus etc are present in your blood, you can seek quick medical help. This will increase your chances of being disease-free quickly.
5. Blood donation saves lives of many injured and diseased people. It also gives you top quality mental satisfaction.
Now some frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] for the blood donars:
1. What is the age for blood donation?
Answer: 18-60 years
2. Is blood donation hazardous?
Answer: Certainly not. It is totally risk free procedure. There is hardly any side effect.
3. How much blood is taken in 1 blood bag?
Answer: Approximately 450-500 ml blood is drawn in a single setting in 1 blood bag.
4. How frequently I can donate blood?
Answer: You can donate blood in every 4 months. But if necessary, you can donate after 2-3 months without any hazards.
5. How much time is needed for blood donation?
Answer: It takes 15 minutes or so to collect 1 bag of blood.
6. What should I do immediately after blood donation?
Answer: You should sit or lie down on a bed for at lease 15 minutes. Then you should eat and drink something to regain energy. Then you can work as before if you feel well.
7. Where can I donate blood?
Answer: You can donate blood in any Government Hospital, Blood Banks, Non-profitable Blood-related organizations link Sandhani in Bangladesh etc.
8. Does it hurts during needle prick?
Answer: It hurts a little for 1 second, just like the feelings of an insect bite. But after that, there is no pain to donate blood.
9. Is there any possibility of fainting during or after blood donation?
Answer: Sometimes, very weak persons come for blood donation. It may be a complication for them. But certainly not for any healthy young male or female.
10. How blood is collected?
Answer: At first, small amount of blood is drawn from your finger tip to determine the group and Rh type of your blood. Then a wide bore needle will be inserted in your median cubital vein [commonly used vein]. The blood will start to flow through the connecting rubber tube and will be accumulated in the collecting bag.
11. What should be my weight to donate blood?
Answer: At least 45 kg.
12. Is there any chance of swelling over the needle pricked area after donation?
Answer: Do not message over the area. Just hold and press that area by a cotton. After 2-5 Minutes, the bleeding will stop. There will be no swelling.
13. What should I do before blood donation?
Answer: Have a sound sleep on the night before blood donation. Have a balanced diet during breakfast. Do not drink tea or coffee. Do not smoke. Do not eat fatty food. Drink plenty of water.
14. What should I do if I feel vertigo after blood transfusion?
Answer: If you feel vertigo, then immediately sit down. Then lie flat on a bed and keep your feet in a higher level than your head. Keep some pillow under the feet. After some times, you will be all right.
15. In Which conditions I should not donate blood?
Answer: You should not donate blood if you are a Diabetic patient, a lactating mother, taking Antibiotic medication, caught by cold, alcoholic, heavy smoker etc.
PEOPLE CAME HERE BY SEARCHING:
- price of 1 bag blood in bangladesh; blood selling price in bangladesh; 1 bag blood price in bd; price of 1 bag blood in bd;